Who is HPSA
The Health Products Stewardship Association (HPSA) operates free take back programs for the safe disposal of unwanted medications and used sharps in the provinces of Ontario, British Columbia, Manitoba, and Prince Edward Island. In addition to helping producers fulfill their stewardship obligations, we help pharmacies implement these programs and educate consumers on how to practice safe disposal to strengthen ties across communities and the industry.
Our Mission, Vision and Values
HPSA is a bridge between health care and the environment by offering programs for the safe disposal and return of medications and sharps used in Canadian homes.
Building a healthier and safer environment together
- Together we make a difference
Since its inception, HPSA’s initiatives have reduced the negative impact of unwanted medications and used medical sharps on the environment and the communities.
kgs of medications collected since the inception
kgs of medical sharps collected since the inception
• Post-Consumer Pharmaceutical Stewardship Association (PCPSA) is formed and federally registered
• BC ENVRx program is launched
• Ontario Medications Return Program (OMRP) and Ontario Sharps Collection Program (OSCP) launch
• PCPSA name transitions to Health Product Stewardship Association (HPSA)